Two Showers For A Bride

10:03 AM

Over and over again, people tell you how much they love you. You don't realize how true that is until tables turn and all the sudden all the attention is on you. In this case, the attention has been mostly celebrations, and as I sat the past two weekend at Bridal Showers thrown in my honor, I realized how blessed I am. I have friends and family who are eager to help me celebrate becoming a Mrs. I even have strangers who have already expressed their love for me, just because they have known Jeff for so long and love him as well. I was nothing but grateful for all the people who put so much time into making my showers the best time ever and showing me so much love.

Last Saturday was my first shower. It was out in Salt Lake and put on by some of Stephanie's (Jeff's mom) friends from church. I had met some of the ladies before, but for the most part, I met a handful of new incredible women who immediately welcomed me to the Witt family and showed me so much love, even though we had just met. They made desserts based off of my favorite things and it was the best (But also really hard because I'm trying to cut out sugar until after the wedding - I definitely cheated so that I could eat the Oreo balls and chocolate covered strawberries). Luckily, Jeff was there to remind me of everyone's names and introduce me to people.
Jeff & I with Megan, Jeff's sister-in-law. Also, I did not eat all of those desserts on my plate. I definitely did better than that, haha!
Sue & Julie, two of the wonderful ladies that put on the shower for me.
The second shower, which was this Saturday, was here in Provo. It was put on by 2 of my bridesmaids - Hadley (my cute cousin) and Madison (my best friend). Both of these gorgeous girls are pictured below. They had my favorite snacks and desserts (including my most favorite trifle ever), We played some games and ate food and I even left with a jar of fantastic date ideas that I can't wait to do with Jeff as Mr and Mrs :) I definitely was spoiled by two of my favorite girls and had such a fun time seeing so many friends and family members (many who drove for hours and some even came in from different states).



One thing I like about bridal showers is that it brings everyone together. While I have to admit that it was a tad overwhelming making sure I had a chance to talk to everyone that came and trying to catch up with everyone's life, I was thankful for this occasion that gave everyone an excuse to come together for a couple hours so that we have the chance to visit amidst our very hectic schedules.


Really, I am so grateful for all the gifts and words of love from all my family and friends who sacrifice time to come celebrate my upcoming wedding. I can easily see how many people care about me and are excited for Jeff and I to start a new adventure together. I'm nothing but grateful and truly blessed. 

love, SK

You Might Also Like

0 comments