A Month of Discovering

8:12 AM

Jeff and I have been married for ONE MONTH! Woohoo! It's been the absolute best. I love being able do everything with him.  For the most part, we don't see each other during the day due to work and other things, so our prime time together is in the evening or even sometimes after 9pm when Jeff gets home. That's a little rough. But at the end of the month that will change and Jeff should be home around 5 every day.

But anyways... 

This month has been a new adventure that I have loved and also realizing/discovering a few new things. Some of these things are:

  • Jeff eats a lot of food. Like, I thought I could just double the amount of food I buy, but that is so wrong. I have to triple the amount of food I buy.
  • It is really hot sleeping in a bed with a man. I'm a freaking thermos. I radiate heat. And now with someone who is double the size of me also in the bed, it's like someone turned up my heat by 20 degrees!
  • My husband is really handy. I like to think that my dad taught me a lot growing up so I can figure out how to do something if I need to. But I have been less depended on recently with roommates trying to fix things in the apartment, because I come home and Jeff has already figured it out! Now I just need to teach him a little about cars...
  • When he's gone, I'm actually so lonely. Since he is gone some nights until 9pm, I get home from work, make him dinner and take it to him on campus, then come home and... become lonely. I'm so lucky that Madison (best friend) comes over on these days, or we go shopping, get things done, etc. But on the days where Madison isn't here, I find myself feeling really lonely!
  • It's way too hard to change your last name. Like seriously?! It should not be this hard! People get married all the time, the government should really come up with an easier system. I finally got my new Social Security card, but I can't change my driver's license until I go to California in June. The Orange County Recorders office says it takes 6-8 weeks before your marriage certificate can be sent, so how to we provide proof of marriage if we can't get that for 2 months! Basically, I'm living with 2 last names and I have to remember which name to use where.
  • Sometimes the best dates are the simplest dates. Jeff and I have been going on a date every week, either Friday or Saturday. Last week our date was going to Target to get some things for our new apartment. We wanted to make it feel more like a date so we went to the dining place there and bought slushees! This weekend, our date included making Pazookis and getting a redbox. 

Marriage is wonderful, and I highly recommend it :)

love,
SK

You Might Also Like

0 comments