The Difference Between "Lucky" and "Deserve"

7:38 PM

There is a difference between  being "lucky" and deserving the guy. I've come to the point where it has started to drive me insane when girls post on social media and say "I'm the luckiest girl ever!" Come on, lets be real. You deserve someone great. You aren't lucky to have them, you deserve them. If they are really that great of a guy, then you deserve them. I wish every girl could get to the point where you know you deserve him.

That can sound conceited, but then you are reading this the wrong way. Of course you are lucky, you are blessed to be in love. Some people go their whole life without ever experiencing crazy, head-over-heels love. But girls downgrade themselves too much and that is what drives me insane. Girls think that they are so beneath the guy and that they got so lucky to end up with them. But they are skipping over the fact that they are amazing girls and really do deserve a good guy.

I'll be the first to say life isn't easy. I've been to hell and back, but when I got back, I rose even higher. For girls, when you throw a bunch of handsome men into the picture it makes it even harder.

High school sucks. Guys, I'm sorry, but most of the time you really suck! I mean come on, how hard is it to open doors? You've got all that muscle, use it! Buy a flower every once in a while, it costs literally one dollar. You were just going to buy a bag of chips anyways. Isn't it worth it to pass up a bag of chips to make a girls day? I'm so thankful that I'm long out of high school, and sometimes guys still act as immature as they did in high school, but for the most part, dating is a whole new ball park.

What happened to class? I hear guys literally call themselves douche-bags. How can you be happy with yourself knowing that you are making girls unhappy?

I know this sounds like I'm expecting a lot from guys. And this is only sorta true. Guys think we shouldn't expect it, but my dad taught me better than to settle for someone who doesn't do all they can to show me I'm worth it. It's realistic to say that any girl deserves the guy.

Guys, all girls want to do is impress you. If you pay attention you might notice that going out of your way just to do something small and sweet might be just the thing to show that girl that she deserves someone too. Chances are she is trying so hard to be a great person that she deserves someone better than you.

There are great guys out there. So good and they don't get recognized. It really does take a bad guy to make a girl realize how great a different guy is. But then I see the lousy guys that don't treat girls right and it breaks my heart. I wish girls could realize how wonderful they are and that they shouldn't settle for the guy who will eventually break their heart, too.

I'm crazy in love. I fell for a wonderful guy that does do the little things to make my day. Yes, I'm lucky. But I DESERVE him. I, like every other girl, DESERVE the good guy. And there aren't enough good guys to go around, which is also heartbreaking, which is why I'm lucky I have him. But there is nothing that makes a girl undeserving of a good guy. Even if you've made mistakes, fix them, change your priorities, and you will deserve a great guy just as much as the next girl.

So guys, do better. Treat your girl like you would treat your daughter. With respect and love.

Girls, believe in yourself. You DESERVE the handsome man that will take you to buy Nutella at 2am. And if he willingly agrees to cuddle with you while you watch your chic-flicks, he's a keeper.

My Keeper :)



You Might Also Like

1 comments