#hitchedtowitt (We're Married!)

12:26 PM

Every girl dreams of their wedding from a young age. Except back when we were 5, it was our favorite Disney prince or our neighbor down the street who saw us in our underwear one too many times. But regardless, I always dreamed of my wedding. And my wedding went exactly as dreamed, perfectly.
First off, I want to thank my parents. My mom put so much hard work into this special day and making it exactly how I wanted it, and my dad, of course, worked so that they could pay for it. As far as the planning went, I can promise you my dad stayed as far away from it as possible!

A summary of getting ready... I woke up and ate a good breakfast (this is very rare for me), my wonderful sister Jessica did my makeup, and my darling friend Hailey did my hair. Also, as a side note, for those who know me, they know I love bows. I veto-ed the traditional veil with my dress and went for a bow. Then, I was off to be married.. But meanwhile, I found out that Jeff went to the beach! While I was antsy and excited and going a bit crazy, Jeff was calm and collected, enjoying his time in Newport Beach. This kinda shows the type of guy I married... haha!

At 11:00am, Jeff & I were sealed, or married for time and all eternity, in the Newport Beach LDS Temple. The weather outside was beautiful, and pretty warm - there wasn't a cloud in the sky. This was a blessing because in the days leading up to the wedding, the weather forecast had been telling us rain for Saturday.
Following the temple, we went back to my house along with our families and out of town relatives and friends and ate lunch and relaxed for a little bit. It was nice to have a few hours to sit down and get to visit with a lot of people.

Later in the afternoon, we went over to my best friend Sarah Flanigan's home. Sarah passed away my freshman year of college, but her home has amazing gardens. Since Sarah couldn't physically be with me for my wedding, I wanted to include my memories with her by taking pictures in the gardens at her home. Her dad, Preston, and her mom, Beth, welcomed Jeff & I as well as some family and our bridal party into their home and gardens. The photos (the ones I have seen so far) have turned out incredible. It meant so much to me that I was able to take the photos there and give Jeff a glimpse of what my youth was like, running around in the huge and beautiful gardens with my best friend, Sarah.
Following the pictures, we went to the reception venue, which was a business office in Irvine that belongs to the company Masimo. It is hard to describe, so I have included pictures. When I walked in, everything looked exactly how I had wanted it to, and it all felt like a dream come true. For the reception, we had Italian food. Macaroni Grill catered Chicken Alfredo with salad and rolls, and we had 3 flavors of gelato (which was a huge hit).
Our first dance had a glitch with the music, but it was still great. We did the father-daughter/mother-son dance, bouquet toss, garter throw, cake cutting, all that wedding jazz. Our wedding favor was Oreo balls, a treat that Jeff and I made often when we first started dating. We ended the night with a sparkler exit, which was so fun! A town car took us to a hotel near LAX to start our honeymoon (which was amazing and more details will come soon in another post).

Spotlight on the Bridal Party:
Bridesmaids: Madison (best friend/partner-in-crime/gym-buddy/fellow ice cream lover/maid-of-honor), Nicole (childhood friend/freshman roommate & huge reason I made it through freshman year/constant comedian), Hadley (cousin/basically we are the same person), and my sisters Elisabeth, Anna, & Jessica.
Groomsmen: Jeff's Brothers Spencer & Rob, my brother Nathan, Cameron (my brother-in-law/Jeff's freshman roommate/best friend), & Matt and Chris (Jeff's good friends/Cameron's brothers).
I want to put a plug in for my amazing photographer. Her name is Janet Wheeland and she was fantastic to work with and has produced amazing photos so far. 

My wedding was everything I had hoped for, and more. So many people put so much work into it and I cannot tell you how thankful I am for all of those people and for those who traveled to see me marry the man of my dreams.

Now what? Well, Jeff has dental school ahead of him and both of us still have a year or two at BYU. But enough about that, wedding pictures are much more interesting ;)


love, SK

You Might Also Like

0 comments