A Rock to Keep My Finger Warm

1:17 PM

So I've officially been engaged to Jeff for a little over a week and how exciting it is! Now that I've finished with finals I have enough time to write down the proposal story for those who wanted to hear it! And the story doesn't do it justice, which is why there are a ton of photos in this post!

So last week, Jeff's sister-in-law texted me asking me to get my nails done. THEN, Jeff asked me on a date to Cold Stone, which is where our first date was. I totally was reading into that because I was expecting a proposal within the near future, and thought that Friday would be the day he proposed. But then, Jeff cancelled the date, said he would rather just relax and watch Friends on Netflix, and I realized I got too ahead of myself and that the proposal wasn't going to happen on Friday. So at this point, proposal on Friday night, no possible chance, and it was out of my mind.

Friday night, Jeff had a play he had to be in for his Spanish class, and even though I didn't understand a single word, I went and supported Jeff, trying to be a good girlfriend.  By the time his play got out and we got home, it was around 9.

I drove into his parking area, and there weren't any spots so I turned around and went to go park on the street. As I was driving I saw a white car leaving, so I went and took that spot (Little did I know, that the white car was Jeff's brother and sister-in-law setting stuff up inside his apartment).

So we walked up to his apartment, and the front door was unlocked, which I thought was a little weird, and there were lights on so I told him to knock. But he walked right in. A few seconds after him I walked in, and that's when I saw it:


Christmas Lights wrapped all around the room, pictures of us hanging from the ceiling, hearts on the walls which had 'reasons why he loved me', candles and lanterns lit and some arranged in a heart on the table, Nutella, chocolate truffles, Junior Mints, and a bottle of Martinelli's, and a bouquet of flowers. Can you tell he knows me SO well!





  I was in such shock that I could barely move! I was so excited and happy that I instantly started crying, jumping up and down, basically freaking out! He kept trying to get me to walk into the apartment but I was basically stuck in the doorway because I was so shocked! So after I walked just a few steps into the apartment he got down on one knee and proposed!





It really was the happiest moment of my life. I'm such a hopeless romantic and everything Jeff did was a dream come true! I truly cannot wait to marry this handsome man in April!




PS: The photos of us the next day were taken by my fantastically talented cousin, Hannah, who is a photographer. If you are looking into taking family or engagement photos, look her up, you won't regret it. Insta: @merryhappyphoto

You Might Also Like

0 comments