Thoughts on Planning a Wedding

4:32 PM

Wedding planning goes in phases. Some weeks it is really fun, and others it is really stressful. For the most part, I have loved planning my wedding. People told me it was going to be terrible, but I really have enjoyed it quite a bit. You only get married once, you should make a party out of it, right? So after I realized all the mixed feelings that were dancing around in my head while the planning was happening, I started jotting down every little thought I had about the wedding planning. This is that list of thoughts, or at least most of them. 

Is it April Already? -- Does that seriously matter? -- Let's Elope. -- I just want it to be perfect. -- That's not even close to what I wanted. -- It's going to be so much fun! -- Wait is this even going to be fun? -- I hope I don't forget anything. -- This is kinda fun. -- How much money is left in my bank account? -- Did we forget to invite anyone? -- Is the food going to taste good? -- How should we arrange the decorations? -- This is seriously too many options! -- What am I getting myself into? -- I love my family. -- Is my boss going to hate me for taking so much time off of work? -- How the heck am I going to get my crazy hair look normal for a whole day? -- How much money am I really willing to spend on this? -- I think I've annoyed my in-laws... -- Holy crap I'm getting married! --  Do people even look at our registry? (This was thought after spending 4 hours in Bed Bath & Beyond) -- Eww, are we as clingy as that engaged couple? -- Yes, I'm excited, stop asking me that, it's making me anxious. -- I'm so over running errands. -- I'm bored, what can I do for my wedding? -- How awkward is it to have everyone staring at me for an entire day? -- Is this lipstick too dark? -- Is Jeff actually going to show up? -- Wow it is so soon! -- Oh my gosh this month is going by so slow. -- I don't have time to do all these things! -- Is it possible to duplicate yourself to run errands? -- Baby photos are the bestest/most hilarious thing ever. -- I'm going to have to wake up like 5 hours before my wedding to make myself look at least presentable. -- It's all coming together, finally! -- Too many people are asking me questions at the same time. -- Woohoo! -- I can't wait to get married! -- How am I going to deal with being responsible for a husband? -- Oh dear, it's April.

Speaking of baby photos, here's a fun one of me, hiding in a closet which apparently I did a lot
love, SK



p.s. A year ago from this weekend, I realized that I loved Jeffrey. Writing this blog post, it has been fun to reflect on the past year and see the journey we have been on to get us to this point, 3 weeks from getting married! Who would have guessed that I would be getting married exactly a year from the month that I fell in love! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments