A Year Later, and Still Glorious

12:09 PM

Tears come to my eyes as I write this post. They are tears of gratitude for the year I have had. Exactly one year ago from yesterday, I went through the the Temple for the first time (If you would like to read my post on that, click here). At that time, I knew that it would be a blessing in my life, but as I reflect upon the past year, I see now that I was blessed in ways I couldn't have possibly imagined. The Temple continues, to this day, to give me such a great happiness that I only wish for everyone. I wish every person could be as blessed and as happy as I am today, because of the choice I made one year ago.

While the list of things this past year has held for me is short to an outsider, I reflect with confidence that these things are real blessings and each memory is packed with meaning. This list, to me, is significant. As a quick summary of important things that stand out to me, within the past year I have:

  • been reunited with dear friends
  • had time to devote to myself and my spiritual growth
  • built relationships with important people
  • succeeded in school
  • fell in love, and began planning my wedding with Jeff
  • been able to spend meaningful time with my family, despite very busy schedules
  • attended several Temple sealings (marriages for time and eternity) of family members
  • gained an understanding of my self-worth and purpose here on Earth
  • been healthy, for the most part, with a future to look forward to
  • been a part of a friend's conversion to the LDS church and to her Heavenly Father
  • strengthened friendships with forever friends
  • made positive choices that will affect my future

I have seen the Lord's hand in my every day life. I really can't express how grateful I am for the past I have had that led me to going through the Temple and all the blessings that have come from it.

Yesterday, on my one-year-mark from going through the Temple, I was able to go inside for what feels like the 100th time since going through, with my fiance, Jeff, and his family. When I walked in, I was comforted that I made the right decision one year ago, and that decision forever changed my life. The whole time, I had a smile that I just couldn't control.

I am grateful for everyone who has supported me through my trials that led me to the Temple exactly one year ago. I know that I am a better person because of it. I love my Heavenly Father, I love His church, and I LOVE the Temple.

A year ago, I called the Temple Glorious. And I still believe, with all my heart, that it is exactly that.

love, SK

You Might Also Like

0 comments