It's Glorious

10:05 AM


I know God lives and loves me. Yesterday I had the experience to go through the Temple for the first time. I am so thankful to my family and friends who traveled to support me and my decision. Christ wants to be your best friend, let him. He is there for you in every moment and I have such a strong testimony of that. I love my Savior and know that all things are possible through him. I am full of pure joy and extreme gratitude.
 
For those of you who don't know about the temple, check out lds.org. Inside the temple I made promises to my Heavenly Father and see a glimpse of my purpose here on the Earth.

A year ago, I had everything to lose, and exactly that happened - I lost it all. After that, I literally felt like I had nothing left to lose. The thing about that is that it made me realize everything that I had to gain. Yesterday, I gained everything.

The year I have had has been filled with so many difficult experiences - things that in my opinion people should never have to go through. But I know exactly why I went through everything I did. I have come to realize that God really does have a plan for me and I put all of my trust in him with my life and the road I will go down.

The temple is truly an amazing place. You can instantly feel the happiness and love from our Heavenly Father. Satan cannot enter into the Temple, it is sacred ground and a safe-haven. I am sincerely grateful that I was able to receive the blessings of the temple.
There is a big question everyone is asking me... "Why did you decide to go through the temple if you aren't serving a mission or getting married?" To which I give the simple response, "Why not?" I have such a strong testimony because of the things I went through. And because of that, I had such a strong desire to make the covenants with the Lord that lead me to eternal life. I love my Savior, and I want to be like him in everything I do. The time has come in my life where I am seeing everything that I can become, and through the temple that is made possible. 

Life makes you feel small sometimes. But the temple makes you feel significant. The feeling that you get in the temple, the covenants you make with God, they are Glorious. My experience was remarkably Glorious. 


I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love my Heavenly Father. The Temple is the House of our Lord. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You're amazing and I'm so glad you got to go to the Temple! I love this song! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I love you. Love that you went through the temple, you did it exactly the right way, you did it for you.

    ReplyDelete