A Surprise For Mom

4:07 PM

Last week I was getting way to stir-crazy, so I called my sister and told her we wanted to come down to California and surprise my parents, but just by chance she had Fall break so they were actually going out of town to the Colorado River (basically Lake Havasu area) where we go often as a family. I had to call my dad so that he would know to bring our life jackets for the boat and be prepared for us. Then I was talking to my older sister, Elisabeth, and mentioned that we were going and her family said they wanted to come surprise Mom as well! So Thursday night we drove to St. George, stayed the night, then got up early Friday and drove the rest of the way to the river. 
My mom was SHOCKED when she saw us drive up. She was so happy to see us, and Jeff & I were SO happy to get out of Utah for a few days and enjoy the nice warmth and boating with family. It was a really short trip but so worth it. 
Because of my hip problems, I was unable to do anything but surf but I still got a good surf in. 
I'm secretly hoping that we will do Thanksgiving at the river as well, because I swear I could live on a boat and be perfectly happy :)

love,
SK

You Might Also Like

0 comments