Elder Jensen

10:29 AM

A month ago, Jeff & I went home to California for a weekend to celebrate my brother Nathan. This year, he graduated from high school. Before he graduated, he received a mission call for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to serve for 2 years in Belgium & the Netherlands.
On Wednesday, I dropped Nathan off at the Missionary Training Center where he will spend about 6 weeks learning Dutch & other things to prepare him for serving the Lord and the people of the Netherlands for 2 years.
One cool thing about Nate being called to serve in the Netherlands is that this is the same mission my dad served 30ish years ago! My dad was called to serve in Holland, which is now part of the mission Nate is called to.
Let's just sum it up by saying I was (and still am) an emotional mess and that the next two years are going to be way different without being able to see him when I go home,  him coming up to visit me all the time, having him at Lake Powell to teach us tricks on the wakeboard, or being a text away when I see a cool car and send him a picture.

Something about my brother - he is very low key and doesn't like overdoing things or making a big deal out of anything that has to do with him. He chose not to walk in his high school graduation, so when I was home my mom asked me to take some pictures of him in his cap & gown since she didn't have any. This is how that turned out... 
This photos is Jeff's favorite from the whole trip, and I think its pretty funny too.
Right now, I'm missing Nate a whole lot, but I know he is serving the Lord and that is what is important in his life right now.

love,
SK




You Might Also Like

0 comments