Grandpa's Younger than the Kids

5:58 PM

This weekend, my Jensen side of the family had a reunion/birthday party for my grandpa up here in Utah. It was the first time in a while that we had (almost) everyone together. The only people missing were some of my siblings and my mom, but other than that every member of my extended family on my dad's side was there.

Grandpa & his kids - My dad, Aunt Sheri, Aunt Toni, and Uncle Mike
This year, grandpa turned 20! We were so proud of him for finally getting out of his teens. Okay actually he is 80, but has only had 20 birthdays since he has a leap year birthday. So we always make fun of him for being so young. 

The weekend was filled with games, food, laughing, and lots of ear wiggling. For as long as I can remember, my grandpa wiggled his ears at us. So as a surprise to my grandpa, I recorded a few seconds of every person in the extended family (even those who were not present at the reunion) wiggling or at least trying to wiggle their ears. Even though if you are reading this you probably don't know the people in it, it is still hilarious to watch, so go for it.


The reunion took place up in Provo Canyon at my family's cabin. While I didn't really get anything done that was on my to-do list, I have to admit that it was really relaxing being up there in the middle of trees and mountains able to sit down and relax. The long weekend gave me time to do things with Jeff. This was so valuable to me because this past month Jeff has been super busy and I haven't seen him as much as I would like to.
I'm so glad that all of my extended family was able to travel to Utah and come together for a few days to celebrate my grandpa.
love,
SK

You Might Also Like

0 comments