Running Up A Storm

5:14 PM

You are amazing. You are doing wonderful. Stop beating yourself up for things that don't go to your way. You are doing your best, and you should be proud of yourself. We can't control everything, but we can do our best, and if you are doing that, be happy. Be glad to be alive. Enjoy life. You are awesome.

I've come to learn and realize this. And I wish every person could come to realize it. Things happen in life, that throw you off your game, and sometimes come really close to destroying you. But you just have to keep going, because you are wonderful.

The weekend of Halloween, Jessica, Mikele, Jeff and I drove down to the beautiful St. George for the Snow Canyon Half Marathon and 5k.

The only running I used to do was to the fridge. But over the past couple years I've fallen in love with running and how proud of myself I am after I run. I have been working really hard to get to the point that I am at today. And now, the 5k was easy! A piece of cake! And I'm continuing to motivate myself, so next up - Half Marathon!


Doesn't matter how tired you are, you can't sleep the night before a race from all the excitement!
In order to prep for our races the next day, we loaded up on pasta and played Dr. Mario (a game on the original Nintendo game system).


Yes I am proud of myself for finishing the 5k, even though it was more of a fun run for me. But I am even more proud of my sister Jessica, and our friends Jeff and Mikele for completing the Half Marathon.


We beat the storm - as soon as we were done running, it became freezing cold, and within an hour it was pouring rain!
We all had SO much fun and are looking forward to signing up for more races!

I think its hard for us as humans to keep our eyes on the real finish line. We get caught up in things and forget to enjoy life and laugh through it. So I challenge you to go through this week and every little thing that is giving you a hard time, laugh about it and do something that will make you smile.

Do not ever let life get you down. Just keep running, and eventually you will get past the storm.


You Might Also Like

0 comments