Tents & Tires

5:01 PM

Jeff & I have been having our fair share of the outdoors lately. 2 weekends ago, we went to Zions (you can read about that here), this past weekend we went camping up at Albion Basin with Jeff's brother and sister-in-law, and this coming weekend we will be going camping again at Black Hawk with our ward. Besides the bugs and getting little sleep, I enjoy car-style camping. I love being outdoors where there is fresh air and taking a breather from real life. I love it, that is, until you can't get back down the mountain...


Okay, we got down the mountain, but only after realizing I had run over a nail and having to put on my almost flat spare tire and driving straight to a tire place to see if they could patch it, then sitting there for an hour waiting to hear if they could even fix it (this is a long story, I have a special kind of tire on my car), trying to get a hold of my dad-who was out of cell service for the weekend- to see what kind of tire I might have to buy, and then finally driving off with a repaired tire, only to hope we won't run over another nail next weekend ha.
Other than the tire fiasco, we had a wonderful time enjoying the beautiful mountains, eating way more smores than we should have, and spending time with family! Hopefully we can do it again next summer.


You Might Also Like

0 comments