Thanks for Family, Friends, and Ostriches

10:12 AM

Fortunately, I was able to go home to Orange County for Thanksgiving this year, and for a whole week was able to sleep in my own bed and hang out with my family. For Wednesday and Thanksgiving day, we were out by Santa Barbara eating lots of food and feeding ostriches.

On the drive out there, we drove past this Ostrich farm, which I thought was so funny! We just had to stop and feed the ostriches and emus they had there.


We spent Thanksgiving with one of my dad's client's family, who have been like family to us for as long as I can remember.




Since this is a Thanksgiving post, I also want to take a moment to give my thanks to the friends I have. Within the past year I have realized that you never know when your friends will be ripped away from you. And because of that, I want to express my love and how thankful I am for the friends and family I have.

Many of you know about my best friend Sarah, who passed away in March. I am especially thankful to her, and who she has helped me become. Going through the holiday seasons without her is especially hard, and heartbreaking. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not reminded of her and wishing to hear her laugh. Losing her has made me appreciate what I have and the importance of letting people whom you love exactly that - that you love, appreciate, and are thankful for them.


I miss you Sarah, love you more than you could imagine, and can only hope to be as brave as you once were.

Never let a day go by without telling the people you love exactly how much you love them.





You Might Also Like

0 comments